Beechwood’s Medical Team is able to provide specific care in one of the areas below addition to your Post-Acute Rehab Care.
CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
We educate and train our staff to specialize in managing heart failure. Our nursing staff will track CHF symptoms daily, while also ensuring patients care and rehabilitation process increases their strength and endurance.
Special CHF exercise programs are given during the rehabilitation process, such as: flexibility, aerobic, breathing techniques and relaxation, energy conservation and pacing. These programs are a piece of the discharge plan along with an adaptive equipment focus to ensure a safe return home.
Beechwood is State approved to dispense IV (intravenous) Medication such as Lasix, Solu-Medrol, Solu-Cortef and Decadron to better clinically manage CHF and avoid rehospitalization.
Any changes in symptoms will be noted on the tracking log. Patients with a negative change in symptoms will receive a coordinated effort between the program coordinator, attending doctor, and the consulting cardiologist who is familiar with the resident’s history. A full lung and cardiac assessment are completed and we document any findings.
COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
While there is no cure for COPD our staff at Beechwood is specifically trained in recognizing and managing COPD. We will work to help improve your symptoms and delay any progress of the disease. We partner with outside vendors to make sure our residents have the most appropriate oxygen, while combining physical rehab in your care plan.
End of Life Care (Lady Bug Program)
Beechwood – Post Acute & Transitional Care is proud to offer our Lady Bug End of Life program. This program, aligned with the goals of Hospice, is dedicated to providing terminally ill patients with comfort, peace and dignity as they move through the dying process. Family members are educated about the process and are encouraged to be part of the healthcare team. This team sets a high standard of care for those with irreversible illnesses and develops a comprehensive plan providing patients with an optimal level of comfort and solace. Beechwood’s staff takes special pride in caring for terminally ill patients and their families and realizes that the complexity of each individual patient’s dying process is a personal experience. The list below simply highlights the Lady Bug program’s offerings for emotional, spiritual and medical needs.
- Development of end of life care plans for individuals addressing medical, psychosocial & spiritual needs
- Education for the patient & their families about the dying process
- Contracts with five hospice agencies
- On-site hospitality suite for overnight accommodations for families
- Comfort Care Cart equipped with books, music, lotions, powder, lip swabs and toothettes
- Hospitality Cart with food and beverage offerings for families
- Lady Bug Markers on the patient’s door indicating end-of-life status and special family needs
- Bereavement services & counseling
- Assistance with Medicare and Hospice benefits
- Staff specially-trained in end-of-life care